Shape 404 is a digital product company. We are part of MYTY group and alongside we have our sister company Agency 404 which is a communications agency.
We design and develop digital products, websites and mobile apps from concept and research stage, through design, UX and development, to the content and growth. We work for the largest Croatian and international companies. Our clients include McDonald’s, Adidas, Hrvatski Telekom, Erste Bank, Croatia Osiguranje, Valamar, Atlantic Group and many more.
Shape is not a factory. We are architects, designers, and engineers that create products for companies that their users actually need. Our leaders are experts with years of experience, ready to listen and take care of professional growth and development of our colleagues. They sit next to you every day and do the same work. Our culture is human. We work hard, do good stuff, and have a life.
As our Senior Android Developer, you will build native and hybrid mobile applications from scratch for some of the biggest brands in the market. You will be involved in creating top products from the very beginning - from idea and concept to realization - in close collaboration with our iOS, backend, PM and design team. You will have the opportunity to do the research and use the latest technologies, libraries and frameworks (such as Kotlin Flow, Multiplatform, Jetpack Compose), propose and implement architectures, new approaches and elegant solutions to complex problems.
In addition to applications, we also develop our own technologies and tools, and continuously invest in our own knowledge, so we will make sure you have time for education, research and play.
When you join us, your main focus will be:
- Leading and actively participating in the development of advanced Android applications, libraries, and tools
- Playing a key role in code reviews, pair programming and internal training
- Guiding and supporting less experienced colleagues to become Android superstars
- Solving complex problems from various domains through writing elegant and sustainable code, choosing project technologies and architectures
- Researching and implementing new technologies, including but not limited to Jetpack Compose and Kotlin Multiplatform
- Providing technical leadership in decision-making processes, guiding the team in selecting the most suitable technologies, tools, and methodologies for project success.
You belong with us if you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Android development
- A degree in engineering
- A proven track record of successfully delivering complex Android applications with a focus on performance, responsiveness, and user experience
- In-depth knowledge of the Android ecosystem, architecture, and emerging trends
- A hunger to work on the latest technologies, build new products, and still grow afterward
- The ability to lead and drive the development of new features, from concept to implementation
- The ability to contribute to architecture, design, and code reviews in a constructive manner
- Experience in mentoring new colleagues
- Positive and teamwork-oriented energy
- Kind and respectful communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Why our people chose us:
- Personal development: You will have the opportunity to work with the biggest companies, while learning from the best experts in the market. We invest heavily in the learning and development: mentorship programs, English classes, external and internal trainings, workshops and conferences.
- Environment: We extremely cherish teamwork. You will find a relaxed working environment and someone to give you a hand if you need it. If you want, you can even bring your dog to keep you company.
- Perks: Our people happiness is important to us. That's why we offer fun team buildings, Friday after work hangouts with beer, referral reward and many more. We encourage a healthy lifestyle - you can expect sport activities and prize if you run your first half marathon.
SHAPE 404 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, sex, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or marital status.